Gen 7 (Old-Old Gen) Scrapped/Beta scaleforms in HD

This is a copy-pasted repost of a post on gtaforums, it may be expanded upon where the original post may not be.

Was visiting the PS3 files, and came across a monolithic pile of scaleforms

These are not completely new discoveries, but as it turns out the monstrosity that is scaleform is completely platform independent, meaning that i could literally drag and drop scaleforms from PS3 to PC (and hand convert CTDs to YTDs (which is easy))

So heres some higher quality stuff on them

mp_killstrip_freemode

takes a number and displays damage on a part of the body, scrolls texture up or down to show the area, shows the weapon (WEAPON_LOUDHAILER used here just because)

also displays the score at the bottom, rank of the player top left, etcetera. Larger X’s are “Kill shots” and the color of the player/victim can be changed

alien_runes_overlay in 2022!

It’s quite animated

background not strictly related

introscrn

A lovely pile of random development goodies in a slide show when the debug function is run

Basically seems like some screen to show bugs and stuff, not sure the purpose but definitely for QA testers and the like

image is massive as hell, all 1920x1080 images

Voting

An extremely lame voting menu

blow_torch

blow torch

rbfga.png

This is a copy-pasted repost of a post on gtaforums, it may be expanded upon where the original post may not be.
2 Likes

This is very interesting, I’ve been looking around on this forum for a while and I find all of these discoveries and the research on RAGE super helpful.

1 Like